- Team size – We will have at least 4 members per team.
- Writing code – No code should be written before the Hackathon start. The only exceptions are for publicly available frameworks/APIs, open-source code that has been available for at least a month or APIs/SDKs made available by our partners.
- Programming language – You can code in any language and for any platform. No restrictions.
- You really need to build something – This is a hackathon, here people really need to get dirty and code something that works. Leave powerpoint presentations at home, because you need to show us a working a project.
- Leave your projects at home – We are sure that you have some great working projects but this is not the place for them. At the end you have to present the project you worked on during the hackathon.
We’ll provide you with WiFi, power, food, beverages, and, of course, the prizes. We’ll also have a bunch of amazing wearable and connected devices for you to hack on. You can check the devices provided by our partners on the event info page.
No. Any kind of developer can participate.
You can either form a team with your own friends or join any team when you come to the event. Also, we strongly suggest that each hacker gives their attention to just one team, rather than trying to be a part of multiple projects; we want to see your best work, and it’s hard to do your best work when you’re jumping from table to table.
All your normal coding/designing gear, and any hardware you want to hack on. You might want to bring an Internet tethering device just in case the network gets busy.
It’s simple – based on the awesomeness of the project. The judges won’t be worried to much about whether your hackathon project has a clear business model build-in (while this can’t hurt), but they will be focusing on creativity, cleverness and innovation. Bonus points will be given for good pitch and an app built to solve real-world problem.
60 seconds for initial pichtes and 5 minutes for the final demos.
What are you waiting for? Places limited to 100!